Hi, my name is Casey and I’m a HPCSA Registered Counsellor (Registration Number PRC0020125) and a ESSM/EFS Certified Psycho-Sexologist.
I have a special interest in sexuality, gender, relationship and erotic diversity, as well as parenting. I provide counselling for adults on an individual basis, as well as sexuality education workshops for parents and professionals working with young people.
- After completing my Honours Degree from WITS, I completed a BPsych equivalent course through UNISA, which included an internship at Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Center in 2012.
- This enabled me to register as a Registered Counsellor with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA) in 2013.
- After completing my internship at Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Centre, I worked there part time during 2013 as a Trauma Counsellor. While working at Ekupholeni, I provided counselling for individuals and couples, co-facilitated group counselling as well as creating and implementing a basic literacy programme to assist our clients with a basic literacy level. This literacy programme continued to be run by my colleagues for many years.
- I have a Masters Degree in Psychology (Research). My coursework included the psychology of gender, and the critical psychology of race, racialism and racialisation. My research looked at experience of school-based sexuality and relationship education.
- I have studied human sexuality since 2010
- I am also a member of SASHA, membership number: SASHA 103
I am part of a monthly professional development space where we discuss and debate:
- Sexology and Sexual Health
- Sexuality and Gender Identity
- Non-Monogamies and other Non-Normative identities
Ideally sessions are weekly (one session per week)
You may submit your paid invoice to Medical Aid for reimbursement, if there are benefits available on your plan.
I require a 24-hour notice period for cancellations. Medical Aids do not reimburse for missed appointments or late cancellations.